Icon Visual Marketing Pty Ltd ACN 103 546 854 and its related bodies corporate, consider respect for privacy to be an important aspect of the way we operate the Odee marketing platform. This policy provides information about our practices in relation to personal information, which is information or an opinion about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
The kinds of information we collect and hold
We may collect personal information from employees, customers, suppliers, and other parties that interact with us. The kinds of personal information we may collect include:
- contact details such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number;
- information about an individual's employer or organisation who they represent;
- employment or recruitment related information including date of birth, evidence of right to work in Australia, qualifications, work history, tax file number, superannuation information, and other information necessary to conduct background checks to determine an individual's suitability for certain positions;
- financial information such as banking and payment details, billing name and address;
- health information including in relation to COVID-19;
- marketing information for example site visits and leads generated;
- information relating to an individual's access of our website including IP address, device type, browser information, time and date of access, location data, webpages visited, and other website related information including through the use of internet cookies; and
- any other personal information an individual provides, or authorise us to collect, as part of the individual's interaction with us.
How we collect and hold personal information
We generally collect personal information about an individual directly from them. We collect personal information in a variety of circumstances in the course of our business, including:
- through forms submitted through our website;
- through the use of our goods and services;
- by email;
- over the phone;
- on social media;
- when individuals attend our premises;
- when individuals do business with us; and
- in person.
We may collect personal information from third parties in situations including if the individual has consented to that collection, we are permitted by law to collect that information, or if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect the information directly from the individual.
We will not collect sensitive information about an individual unless they have consented or we are otherwise permitted by law to do so.
We take reasonable steps to protect all personal information that we hold from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. We take reasonable precautions to store an individual's personal information in reasonably secure infrastructure. We maintain reasonable physical security over paper and electronic data. We also maintain reasonable computer and network security systems. We take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identity information that we no longer require.
The purposes for which we use and disclose information
We collect personal information reasonably necessary to carry out our business, to assess and manage customer needs, and provide our services. The purposes for which we may collect, use and disclose personal information include:
- to provide our goods and services, including by disclosing information to third parties we engage to assist us to provide our goods and services (including service providers used for data processing, and information technology services);
- to improve, research, develop and expand our goods and services;
- to procure goods and services;
- administrative, management, and operational purposes including billing, payments, training, security, event management, and risk management;
- to manage relationships with those we interact with, including responding to requests for information and other general inquiries;
- to manage, plan, advertise and administer programs, events, and competitions;
- to keep individuals informed about our activities, events, and services;
- to ensure a safe working environment for our personnel;
- for recruitment processes (including for volunteers, internships, and other employment opportunities);
- if we reasonably believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary for law enforcement related activities; and
- other purposes permitted or required by law, a court, tribunal, or regulator.
Individuals can decline to give us any personal information we request, but this may mean we cannot provide our services or carry out our functions with respect to that individual.
How individuals may access and seek the correction of personal information that we hold
An individual may access and seek the correction of the personal information we hold about them by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
We may decline a request to access or correct an individual's personal information in certain circumstances in accordance with the law. If we refuse a request, we will provide a reason for our decision.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
How complaints may be made
In most cases, we will investigate and respond to a complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint but more complex matters may take longer.
If an individual is not satisfied with our response to a complaint, a complaint may be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by using the contact details at www.oaic.gov.au.
We may disclose personal information overseas to our related bodies corporate and to our third party service providers, including those who provide us with IT, data storage and processing services.
Unless we have an individual's consent, or an exception under Australian privacy law applies, we will only disclose personal information to overseas recipients where we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the personal information.
We may be contacted at the following email address: Odee @